Septic Inspection Procedures
Septic inspection procedures involve a multi-step process. A list of steps is closely followed to ensure that every septic system inspected receives a detailed and thorough inspection.
During a septic inspection and evaluation, we be sure to complete the following:
- Request property and septic records from the County
- Evaluate the age of each system component
- Locate the home’s plumbing fixtures and ensure everything is connected to the septic system according to code
- Determine if the home uses any high-efficiency appliances that benefit the septic system
- Determine if the home has a garbage disposal in use
- Determine what type of piping is used in the sewer line
- Locate and access the septic tank
- Determine the composure of the septic tank
- Verify baffles are intact
- Check other components of the septic system between the tank and the soil absorption system
- Determine what type of piping is used in the effluent line
- Examine the condition of the soil absorption system
When needing a septic inspection, be sure to call Chavis Septic Services at 410-838-1200 for the best inspections!